Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

No bake Reese's Pieces cookies

The husband's favorite treat of all time are no bake mountain bars. I love how easy they are to make and how mouth watering delicious they are. They do not last very long in our house. While wasting the day away looking at Pinterest, I had run across an amazing alternative to the classic recipe. Instead of chocolate being the main ingredient, more peanut butter is used and Reese's Pieces are used. Oh. My. God. Where had this been all my life? I couldn't get to the store fast enough to retrieve all the things needed to make this heavenly treat.

Ingredients: 
  • 2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 cup quick cook oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces (1 large bag or 4 smaller bags) 

Directions: 


  1. In a large pot, add sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for one full minute. Remove from heat. Add vanilla, salt and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Fold in oats, stirring until completely combined. Fold in candy.
  2. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper on counter. Using two spoons, drop cookie dough by large tablespoon onto paper. Allow to set (about 20 minutes). Store in a covered, airtight container. ENJOY!


I will admit that I ate more than I should have. They were ahhhmazing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment