Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Key lime cupcakes

After the Junk in the trunk sale and car show, we headed to the neighbors house for a summer party. This is the first year that they have invited us. They are always really friendly with us and we had every intention of heading over there. When the day came, I grew more and more nervous. We normally do not go places that we have never been before, especially without anyone that we know. Surprisingly, the husband was the one that said we should at least go make a presence and bring treats for their guests. I am good with treats, so I whipped together some key lime cupcakes. I am not a big lime fan, but thought they would be cute for summer. I threw an umbrella on top for some decoration. And let me tell you, they were GREAT! Easily, one of the top five cupcakes that I have ever made.


After the cupcakes were done, I grabbed a drink (is it rude to show up to someone's house with a drink in hand?) and headed over. Everyone greeted us with open arms. The guys were SO happy that we had came over. They gave us a tour of their house and whisked us outside to enjoy the party. We listened to some great music, I drank too much and made some new friends. It was scary and yet invigorating at the same time to step out of our comfort zone. How else are we going to meet new people if we are not willing to get out of our comfort zone? This was the first time that we did something on our own without having the comfort of people we know around us. I cannot wait for their next party!

This was the drink I took. Just pull out of the freezer and insert straw. Super good and refreshing. This will be my go to drink for the summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment