Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

4th of July

The husband was able to get the day off work for the holiday. We didn't have any plans, but knew that Max would play a key role. My mom had mentioned that she had no where to go, so we invited her over. The night before I had marinated some chicken so that we could make shish kabobs. We heated up the grill and made hamburgers, hot dogs and shish kabobs with chicken, onion, pineapple and green pepper. I made some rice and potato salad for the sides. We made entirely too much food, but it was all sooo delicious. It was so fun to be able to see the husband enjoy the new barbecue. He was like a little kid on Christmas.


Once the sun went down, we grabbed some chairs and sweatshirts and headed to the top of a nearby hill that overlooks the city. We could see fireworks from every angle and every now and then a lantern would float above us. It was nice to have a relaxing day together and enjoy the holiday.


Please give me a round of applause for figuring out how to post a video on my blog! Big shout out to my geek husband for assisting. And also feel free to follow my on Instagram as you can see my username above. I promise to keep you entertained and load pictures frequently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment