Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Long Island Medium June 13th

When the Long Island Medium show had first aired on TLC, I knew that I would one day have a reading done by Theresa Caputo. I dream of hearing a message from my dad. Being that I am in Washington and she is in New Jersey and has a two year waiting list, I knew that my dream would take some money, time and effort. A few months back I had a wild idea to look on her website and see if she had any tours coming up. There it was on the front page "Live Events Calender". I was sure that there was no way she would be coming all the way to the great Pacific Northwest. With a few clicks of the mouse, I soon saw "Paramount Theater- Seattle WA". WHAT?!?! She was coming to Seattle? Theresa friggin Caputo was going to be in my hometown? This couldn't be true. I clicked to find available tickets and was relieved to see that there were just a few left for floor seats. The price didn't matter to me, I would have mortgaged my house just to go see her. I grabbed a ticket for me, the best friend and my mom..



The night of, we left early to beat traffic (ha!) and went to our favorite restaurant before hand.  The Cheesecake Factory. Their menu is 146 pages long and the food is outstanding. We indulged in fried macaroni and yummy desserts. My mom had been experiencing some health issues, but she was a trooper that night. It was hard to see her in so much pain, but I knew it was just as important to her as it was me to be able to see Theresa. We headed to the theater and started growing anxious. Were we going to get a reading?  What was she going to talk about? Would we be able to meet her??



While sitting in our seats waiting for the show to start, I happened to glance over as a man walked through the door behind us. I saw his tan, muscular, tattooed arms first. Then his beautiful smile and salty hair caught my eye. IT WAS LARRY!! Theresa's drop-dead-gorgeous husband. A light shined down as angels sang while he walked down the isle. I made sure to scream out his name. He turned around and waved his handsome hand our way. The. Best. Thing. Of. My. Life. It was hard not to fling my body on him and profess my love. I had to catch my breath.


The crowd cheered as the show started. Theresa was even cuter in person than she is on TV. She was short, with tall, blonde hair and high heels that sparkled. Her nails were long and her accent was heavy. She swore more than I thought she would, "Shit" was a favorite. She spoke a little about her life and gift and then started to make her way into the crowd. The first reading was for a family in the front row who had lost a loved one. The stories were emotional and the crowd anxious in hopes that they would get a turn. She proceeded to give readings for the next two hours. I was not sure what to expect. I thought that she would wander around the theater and deliver short messages. Instead she only spoke to a couples hand fulls of people at fifteen plus minutes per reading. I started to wonder if people had paid extra for their specific seats for a guaranteed reading? The closest she got to us was the next isle over and about five rows down. My heart pounded as she came closer, but I quickly realized that we would not be getting a reading.


Overall, I loved seeing her in person and witnessing her gift. I would still love to get a reading from her though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment