Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bruno Mars July 21st

Over the years, the best friend has mentioned a time or two that she would be more than willing to leave her husband for Bruno Mars. She constantly talks about how sexy he is and that his music is like heaven to her ears. I have caught her more than once singing at the top of her lungs and breaking out some dance moves. About a month ago, I received a call from her stating that he was coming to town and that tickets were already sold out. I made it my goal to find her tickets, no matter the cost as I knew how important it was to her. The only tickets I came across were on Craigslist. I have watched the Craigslist Killer movie and am a little hesitant about meeting people.  I like me some Bruno, but was not wiling to risk my life for some tickets that were probably fake. My second option was to go online and enter every contest I could find.

It was two weeks until the concert and I sadly had to give up hope on being able to take her to meet her future husband. That is until the phone rang one day. The caller idea had said "Private Caller" so I didn't answer. The person left a message that said "This is Warm 106.9 calling and you have won Bruno Mars tickets. Congratulations, they will be mailed to you shortly!". Excuse me? Was this a scam? I called the best friend immediately to tell her the news. I was shocked when she didn't seem excited. I think she was hesitant just as I was and wanted to wait until we actually had the tickets in hand. No shit...they came a few days later!


Once we arrived in Seattle on the day of the concert, we were quickly overwhelmed with the large crowds of people. It just so happened to be the Bite of Seattle. It was 196 degrees outside and there were more people than I would have liked to be around. I had sweat in places that I cannot name. I think we came close to heat stroke and I am pretty sure the best friend even had an anxiety attack. We kept reminding ourselves that it was all worth it to see Bruno.

Practicing our duck faces. Stay tuned to find out what this is referencing to. 
The only thing that kept us from dying of heat stroke.
Just a tad crowded.
Now, I love me a few Bruno Mars songs...but I don't think I would have gone through such extent to go to one of his concerts. The opening act was Ellie Goulding who put on an amazing show. I love her! Our seats were just a few away from the roof, but who was complaining? They were free and it was a sold out show! Once Bruno came on stage, the arena rumbled with cheer and the bass shook the ground. He thrust his hips more time than I could count. At one point he proclaimed that he "Wanted to be inside me and make me scream". Even though there was thousands of people all around us, I knew that he was talking directly to me. I felt like we were close to making love and that he wanted me to have his babies. I was hot in more ways than one. It was an amazing concert!! The pyrotechnics were loud, the songs were good and when glitter shot out into the crowd, it was magical.  I now look at Bruno in a different light. I would too, leave my husband for him.


Oh and then we went to Dick's on the way home for  some late night burgers and milkshakes. Doesn't everyone do that?


0 comments:

Post a Comment