Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Grandparents

It still hasn't sunk in that my grandfather is no longer with us. Sometimes I just feel as though I am not checking on him and that he is being well taken care of in his home. The husband and I were talking the other night about how unfortunate it is that at our age, neither one of us have any grandparents left. It isn't fair. The best friend has a grandfather that is ninety nine! Another friend of mine has a grandmother that is ninety two and they get to go to dinner together weekly. Both of these friends are ten plus years older than us. All of my biological grandparents had passed before I was nine years old. However, my step-grandfather has been there since the day I was born and always showered me with love. He is the one that just left us in January. I knew life without him would be hard, but I never knew it would be this hard. I have friends that have no idea what it is like to lose a parent, yet I have to watch them fall apart when the day comes for them to say goodbye to their grandparents. That's going to be hard for me. At least they have had this time with their parents/grandparents well into their adult lives. I need to find compassion, it is never easy to lose someone. I do have a right to be angry though. Why were these cards dealt to us? If we ever have children, between the two of us they will only have one grandparent. That isn't fair to them either! I want our children to be able to grow up with grandparents. Love those closest to you and spend all your time with them, as you have no idea how lucky you are to have them in your life.

I saw this on PostSecret the other day and found it to be fitting for this blog. 

I do not intend for this blog to be unsympathetic. Unfortunately, you would feel the same way if you also had to wear the same shoes as we do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment