Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Summer Adventure Take 4 August 24th

Every summer we try to make it to a beach so that we can kick our feet up and enjoy the water. Last year we went to Mukilteo Beach. As much as we loved it there, it tends to be rather busy during the summer months and parking is awful. We decided to try a new place for our beach adventure this year. Picnic Point is a beach that I have only been to once before. I remember it being a nice place for a picnic (hence the name) and it not being as crowded. I suggested it to the husband and he was excited to check it out. We packed a picnic and  made our way there.

The drive there was beautiful and not too far from home (about twenty minutes). We even found an amazing parking spot right away! In order to get to the beach, you first have to cross a bridge that oversees the railroad tracks. Sound familiar? This bridge was well maintained and sturdy, it didn't scare me at all!


Once we got to the other side of the bridge, we were welcomed by numerous picnic tables. We parked our butts at the closest one and dug into our packed lunch. My only complaint is that the picnic area did not have any garbage cans. We had to lug our garbage around with us and dispose of it back in the parking lot before leaving.

By the way, frozen grapes are amazing for a picnic. They stay cold for a long time and cool you down nicely on a warm day.
After we stuffed ourselves, we made our way to the beach to soak up the scenery. We were careful to watch our feet as there were tons of muscles and lots of rocks covered in barnacles.


I love the sound of the waves crashing. Something about the water really calms me and sets  my mind free.



We made our way to one side of the beach where we quickly noticed that the ground was covered in seaweed and it was SLIPPERYYYYY. With a little assistance from the husband, I safely made my way back to the other side. It was a little scary and I was nervous to fall and hurt myself my camera.


After spending a good amount of time walking on the beach and snapping photos, we decided to make our way back to the car. Wouldn't luck have it that as we reached the bridge, a train was coming! I told the husband to run with the camera so that he could experience what it is like to feel a train rumbling past you.

Although he said it was a little scary, he loved it and got some amazing pictures!




Total cost for the beach trip: $0! Parking was free and we packed a lunch from home.

After getting to the car and dumping out pounds of sand from our shoes, we made our way to town for some shopping. We picked up some clothes for the husband, whom I convinced to take me to Hobby Lobby afterwards. They already had Christmas stuff out! Christmas in August?! My prayers had been answered.


After our shopping, we had worked up an appetite. We do not go out to dinner often, so when we do we tend to go all out. Denny's it was! We had a coupon for buy one dinner, get a second for free! With a side of pancakes, our bill came to $16!

Nothing beats a good Moons over my Hammy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment