Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

I have heard time and time again that when you get older that your taste pallet changes. I am known for being a picky eater and very rarely like to try anything different. Spicy? No thanks. Sour? Nope. Tomatoes, mushrooms, seafood, vegetables or anything with the word "tofu" in it? No way!

One day while endlessly looking at Pinterest, I had run across a recipe for stuffed peppers. The filling looked yummy and I wouldn't have to actually eat the peppers, right? I figured it was worth a shot!

For the filling I combined ground turkey, rice, corn and taco seasoning. While that was cooking on the stove, I made the husband cut and gut out the peppers for me. *Make sure to get out all of those little seeds, those fuckers are spicy!* Not knowing which peppers we would like, we went with all green. We have since made this again and tried yellow and orange as well. Believe it or not, the green happens to be our least favorite.

 After the filling was done, we stuffed those little buggers to the brim. I then topped the peppers with mashed potatoes. I know, this is where things got weird. Mashed potatoes? I was hesitant to do this step, but then I remembered that everything is good with mashed potatoes. The last step was to top them with shredded cheddar cheese and pop them into a glass dish with a little bit of water in the bottom.




Cover that dish with some tin foil and throw into the oven (350 degrees!) for 20 minutes. Go ahead, you can thank me in advance. This is not one of our favorite dinners and guess what? WE ATE THE PEPPERS! They were sooooo good. We ended up having some filling leftover, so we threw it onto some tortillas the next night. I love leftovers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment