Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Baked Fettichini Alfredo

I try my hardest at being creative with our dinners. Not wanting to make the same things over and over again, I turn to Pinterest for ideas. I make sure to only pin things that I would actually make with ingredients that we would actually eat. Many times I see people pin recipes that call for outlandish things or that require two days to prepare. No thanks, ain't nobody got time for that. I joined Pinterest a couple of years back before it had become popular. I love how much is has grown and the variety of things that are now on there, bringing my pinspiration to a whole new level.


With that, I give you my latest dinner creation; Baked Fettichini Alfredo. 

Ingredients needed:

1 (16 oz) package of Zitti noodles. *I cannot find these anywhere and went with Rigatoni noodles instead, Penne would work fine too* 

2 (10 oz) refrigerated Alfredo sauce

1 (8 oz) container of sour cream

1 (15 oz) ricotta cheese *I used cottage cheese instead*

2 large eggs lightly beaten

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese

2 cups (diced) cooked chicken *optional*

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While waiting for that to heat up, put your multitasking skills to good use. 


Throw the chicken into a pan with a dash of oil and some minced garlic. While that is cooking, prepare the pasta as directed on the box. Let that boil while you mix together the Parmesaun cheese, cottage cheese and two eggs in a large mixing bowl (add chicken once cooked thoroughly). Once the noodles are drained, add the sour cream and Alfredo sauce  in with the pasta. 


Grease a 13x9 dish heavily as this will help to the prevent the cheese from sticking. 


Place half of the pasta mixture into the dish and press firmly. 


Spread the cheese and egg mixture evenly over the pasta. 


Top with remaining pasta. 


Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on top and throw in the oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. 


This is one of our favorite dinners and made enough to have leftovers the following night! I made garlic bread as a side. Enjoy! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment