Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Snoqualmie Falls September 7th

Please excuse all spelling/grammar errors in this post as I am currently fighting the plague and it is against by better judgement to write at this time.

And yes I am still playing catch up.

With that, I give you our trip to Snoqualmie Falls! Even though the summer was technically over, we continued on with our adventures on a budget. I had gone to the falls a couple years back with the best friend for her birthday. Since then, I have been waiting for the opportunity to take the husband. He had never been before! Considering that we are both Washingtonians, it is a shame that neither one of us had been as kids. The drive was a little under two hours. It was doable, but we started getting antsy towards the end. We are definitely not a road trip kind of couple. Before long, we finally approached our intended destination. (Free Parking!)

Apparently there is a one mile trail that leads you the the base of the falls. Both times I have gone, it has been shut down for construction. I would love to go back once it is open! Even though I had been to the falls before, it didn't fail to take my breath away again. There was a little less water than last time and the sun came out to play this time around.


I love hearing the rush of water and seeing mist in the air. Last time I went, I had a pinched nerve in my back so it was not an enjoyable trip. This time I had fun running to the different lookout points and taking in all that there was to see.


After checking out the gift shop, we made our way a mile or so down the road to the little town. Our first stop was to check out the Northwest Railway Museum. I was not quite sure what to expect, but what we saw was definitely not it. I guess I thought we were going to enter a large room full of old train parts. What we entered, was one of the oldest running train stops in our state. There was literally trains running right past us as we wandered around. (Watch your step!) The "museum" is a total of five miles long and consists of a variety of trains parked near the tracks. We did not have the energy to walk the five miles, so instead we went into the gift shop and bought a train whistle. Toot Toot.


We then walked a block to check out a 320 TON log! It was big and made of wood. Pretty exciting. 


In dire need of feeding ourselves, we crossed the street to dine at the local candy shop/diner. I will have to refrain from drooling as I write this. Not even kidding, this was hands down the best food that I have ever had. My basket came with a luscious cheeseburger, the kind of cheese that is thick and sticks to your ribs. Next to my burger was some perfectly crisp tater tots, fry sauce and a piece of salt water taffy. It was pretty much what I picture heaven to look like.The fat girl in me would consider the long drive just to eat there again. 



The best part was that while eating we got to gawk at the shelves of candy, mentally making a shopping list. Before heading back to the car, we loaded up on the above said candy and got chocolate malts for the road. Perfection. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment