Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pike Place Market August 30th

A friend of mine from Las Vegas was coming to Washington to visit her family. She had asked if I would like to meet her at the market. I mentioned the gum wall and she squealed with delight as she had never seen it before. I asked the best friend and her daughter if they would like to come along to enjoy a day in the city. It had taken me 28 long years to finally see the Pike Place Market. I find it funny that I have been there more this past summer than I have been my entire life. I am finally getting the hang of maneuvering around the city and finding my way. Don't get me wrong, I still hate the traffic and parking costs but I am no longer intimidated like I use to be.

We had fun doing all of the touristy things together. We waited patiently to see the fish get thrown, all we saw was a bag of clams.


We went to the first Starbucks. This time the line was not nearly as long.


In case you are wondering what is inside the first Starbucks...a lot of boxes full of merchandise that tourists buy ;)
We then made our way to the gum wall. It was fun to see the excitement on their faces. (Clearly our bubble making skills need some improvement.)



We then wandered the city Target. My only complaint is that they do not carry big girl sizes. Say what?! Shame on you Seattle Target. Big girls gotta dress nice too. 


Oh and the escalator that carries your cart? It's fantastic.

We concluded our trip with getting some fresh flowers from the market.



We had a great time walking around while soaking in the city life. We may or may not have hit a rather large bird with my car on the way home. We took a break from the excitement to eat some lunch and then ended the day with a stop at the local farmer's market. That is what I call a successful girls day! We need to make a habit of getting together more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment