Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

REO Speedwagon

And the winning streak continues! I won two tickets to see REO Speedwagon at the local fair on August 29th. Again, this was not a band that I was dying to see, but I thought I would try my luck at entering another online contest. It wasn't long before I got a call telling me that tickets would be at will call. Not only did I win two tickets to the concert, I also got a free parking pass and two free fair admission tickets. I called the best friend yet again squealing with excitement. She had just seen them a few months prior, but was excited to see them again.


I have only seen one concert at the fair before, I love outdoor venues and was excited to see yet another concert this summer. Even though it was summer, we live in the great Pacific Northwest and was greeted with a down pour of rain the day of the concert. It had been super sunny just a few days prior, so the rain caught us by surprise. We had been wandering around the fair killing time when the rain hit. We grabbed some food in a hurry and sat under a tent until it let up. The concert said it would happen rain or shine, so we were adamant about sticking it out. We met some crazy nice people while waiting for the rain to stop. It amazes me all of the different personalities that are out there. We should probably start carrying mace with us as a safety measure from now on.

Just a little soggy
Deep fried Oreos. "Zero Calories" ;)

We finally made our way to the venue and were shocked to see how close our seats were! Twelve rows from the stage...for free?! Not bad if you ask me. As we waited on our uncomfortable bleacher seats for the concert to start, it starting pouring again. With the help of some grocery bags and the kindness of a stranger who let us use his umbrella, we managed to stay relatively dry.

Staying dry! 
The weather cleared up just in time for the concert. 
When the band came on stage, I was a little taken aback. They were WAY older than I had expected. Now, don't get me wrong, I knew they were going to be older. However, I was not expecting what I saw. I kind of felt like I was watching my grandpa play Rock Band. They did end up playing a good show, even though I only knew about three songs. I wasn't going to complain considering they were free tickets. It was an adventure and one that I will never forget.




The best part was when they ended the concert with "Ridin' the storm out" just as it began to start raining again. Perfect!

With summer coming to an end, I am sure that my winning streak will come to a halt. However, I will continue to enter every contest that becomes available. I cannot wait until next summer to see what concerts I might have luck at winning tickets to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment