Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Photography Class Week 1 August 5th

Since owning my first DSLR, I am continually trying to teach myself more about photography. There is a lot to learn! I have attended one class, that was very informative. However, there is an amazing photographer that offers classes online for $150. As much as I would love to take one of her classes, I can never justify spending that much on myself. At the beginning of August, I had received an email stating that she would be offering the beginners class FREE OF CHARGE! I could not sign up fast enough. I also made the best friend do it along with me. Although we would not be offered all the perks of a paying student, we would still be offered tips and tricks and advice for four weeks.

The first week was about finding your style. We were asked to jot down the things that we enjoy taking photos of. What colors did we like? What makes us happy? We were then instructed to pick one of those items and take a picture to be turned in at the end of the week. As we had our trip to Seattle planned, I knew it would be the perfect place for taking a photo for class. I decided to submit the following photo for lesson 1. It was artistic and colorful, just like my photography style. The comment she gave me was: "Oh my! I had no idea there was a gum wall there! What a cool shot and I love all the detail and color here! GREAT composition too.". I was overjoyed with her response and felt very proud of myself. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment