Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Cookies & Cream Cupcakes

I recently came across a new line of Hershey's boxed baking goodness. I made sure to purchase one of everything that they had available. I could hardly wait to choose which one I would make first. I become a little obsessed when it comes to baking. I love seeing the mixer twirl, licking my fingers and the aroma in the house when I pull the treats out of the oven. I decided to try my hand at the chocolate cupcakes with fudge filling. Did I mention that the box comes with everything that you need? Well, minus the water, eggs and oil. The directions said to make the cupcakes as normal. {Side note- Are you ready for what I am about to throw your way? I have a secret for baking the perfect cupcake. A secret that I have shared with very few people. I have decided to share it here with YOU because you are probably the only person who is going to read this haha! When baking cupcakes..only bake them for 13 minutes. That's the secret. THIRTEEN MINUTES. You can thank me later.} When filling the cupcake liners, only use enough batter to cover the bottom. Then generously place the fudge filling on top. Place more batter on top of the fudge, just enough to cover. Bake according to directions and BAM! You have yourself some fudge filled cupcakes.



I then topped the cupcakes with the new Hershey's Cookies & Cream frosting, that came with cookie crumbles for the top. Could it get any better than this? I am pretty sure that more frosting made it into my mouth, versus on the top of the cupcakes. The frosting tasted like the inside of an Oreo cookie with a dash of heaven. I would give the cupcakes a seven out of a 1-10 scale. I loved everything about them, besides the fudge filling. It had a weird taste to it, almost like plastic or something? I wasn't a fan. I would have rather picked my own filling to add. The frosting on the other hand? I will be placing that on everything! Pancakes, chicken nuggets, salad...whatever. It will now be a staple in our kitchen.



*This was not a paid review* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment