Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Summer Adventure on a Budget Part 3 August 10th

SEATTLE BOUND!

That was the intent for our third summer adventure weekend. The last time we had gone to the city, I was close to death and did not enjoy it as much as I would have liked to. I wanted to be able to give it another try and actually enjoy myself this time. Our first stop was to check out a restaurant that we have been wanting to go to for many years. Adam from the TV show Man vs Food had once gone there and tried to eat the famous 12 egg omelet. It is a little hole in the wall that is located on a busy highway. Parking is awful, but doable and free. There is almost always a long wait to get seated, we only had to wait 30 minutes or so. However, you have to wait outside so you may want to make sure to go when it isn't that wet out. Ha, in Seattle? Good luck. Once we got inside, I was surprised to see the walls covered in artwork. It was neat to see how creative people can be. The restaurant itself was nothing to write home about. It seemed a little dirty and I am sure it doesn't have a good grade from the health board.


The husband was too chicken to order the 12 egg omelet and decided to go for the smallest offered, the 6 egg. It comes with toast and all you can eat hashbrowns. I ordered two pancakes and a side of sausage. When the food came about 20 minutes later, we were shocked. The pancakes were bigger than my head! And the omelet must have weight close to ten pounds. I was only able to get through 1 1/2 of the pancakes, I even shared. And he couldn't even eat the entire omelet! The portions were huge and the food was really tasty. I would definitely go back as it was a fun experience. $30 including tip



After waddling our way to the car with full stomachs, we made our way downtown.  Throw in a 30 minute detour because we got lost and we finally arrived. We found parking close to the market that we wanted to go to. Our first stop was to visit the gum wall and take photos. I love how gross and different it is there. I even got gum on the bottom of my shoe!


We then made our way to the first Starbucks ever. Where we had to wait in line for over an hour. I normally wouldn't have waited that long, but it is a once in a lifetime thing..I wanted to be able to check it off my list. Once inside, you get to choose from a list of cups that they have available. That's it. There are no tables to sit at or anything neat to see. Not quite what I had expected. We did end up getting a cup with the original logo on it. $13


We then wandered the Pike Place Market, looking at everything from the comic book store to the shoe museum. We picked out some fresh flowers and got a smoothie to cool us down. $20 Oh and that parking garage that we found? It only cost us $6! Score. The last time we went to Seattle, we spent triple that.
The husband deposited 50 cents so that we could see the famous "The worlds largest collection of giant shoes!". People gathered around us to see what was behind the curtain. 
One the way home, I talked the husband into stopping at our favorite donut place. I could literally lay on the floor and eat there until I had frosting coming out of my nose. $17 The last pit stop was to grab some hamburgers, shakes and a movie before heading home. $18 Although we didn't really stick to a budget for the weekend, we had an amazing time. It was fun to spend time together and not have to worry about anything. Weekend total: $104 which isn't that bad for an entire day in the city and all that we were able to fit in.

Heaven

0 comments:

Post a Comment