Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Tulips year two

While I am on the discussion of my slowly evolving garden, I thought I would share with you the progress of my tulips. As you might remember, last year the best friend and I found a killer deal at the local market on some tulip plants. I made sure to plant them as soon as I could so that they would not die. I was skeptical about them surviving through the winter and had doubts that they would bloom come spring. Below is a picture of the tulips shortly after I had planted them.


Now one year later, this is what they look like! 




I was smiling from ear to ear when I saw little sprouts coming through the ground early in April. I was hoping that they would bloom just as beautiful as they were when I planted them. I wish the purple/pink ones would have had more buds, maybe next year? I loved how they bloomed this year and cannot wait to get some more to fill in my garden space. Tulips are easy to take care of and they look amazing!

*Side note* Please excuse my ugly/bald grass. We have been experiencing some technical difficulties in trying to make it look better. We recently hired a gardening company to come spray the grass for weeds and lay down some fertilizer. They said that within four weeks that we would notice a large improvement. I beg to differ.
The picture on the left is before we had them spray. The picture on the right is four weeks later. 
The weeds did go away, however they have since returned. The grass does seem to have filled in some.  Did you happen to notice my beautiful edge work?? We are going to tackle the grass again in the fall...wish us luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment