Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fishing Cupcakes

The best friend's husband's birthday was in April. He is one of those people that are hard to shop for. He is a manly man and likes to fish. I tend to get him a gift card to one of the local sporting goods stores, but wanted to give him a little something else to go with. One day while getting in my Pinterest time, I ran across the perfect cupcake idea for him! I decided to add a filling to the recipe as that is my staple for making cupcakes. I love it when someone bites into the center and gets a surprise.

I used a chocolate cake mix and made a homemade peanut butter filling for the inside. Be warned that the peanut butter filling is heavenly and you will have a hard time putting the bowl down. Just make sure you leave enough to place inside of the cupcakes!

Mix together:
1 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I like Winco brand the best)
4 tbsp. butter at room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

I poured a tiny bit of cupcake mix into the cupcake liners, just enough to cover the bottom. Then rolled the peanut butter filling into a ball and plopped them into the liners. Make sure to cover the balls entirely with more batter before placing in oven.

I then dyed some whipped cream frosting with blue food coloring and topped with a colored goldfish cracker and a pretzel stick. Before dying the icing, I set some aside for piping on the fishing line.


I loved how they turned out and everyone loved the peanut butter filling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment