Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Massage?

Please bear with me as I am still trying to play catch up with my blogs.

The best friend had kindly given me a gift certificate for my birthday towards a one hour massage. I have only had one massage in the past and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I could not wait to have someone rub my back and work out all of my knots and stress. The best friend's husband had also purchased her a gift certificate around the same time. We could go together! She was nervous about going by herself as she had never had a massage before. When the day came to go to our appointments, I fantasied about being able to get a good hour of relaxation. We both went in our separate rooms and anxiously waited.

The room was dimly lighted and smelled of lavender. I quickly disrobed (left the panties on though, does anyone actually get all-the-way naked?!) and hopped on the table. The masseuse had noticed that I was favoring one side of my body more than the other. I informed her that I have sever back problems and am constantly pinching my sciatic nerve. She suggesting that we spend most of the hour trying to correct my posture and help my back pain. I told her that would be great, but that I also wanted a plain ol' massage to relax me.


I spent the next hour getting poked all over my body. There was not much rubbing going on. She was pressing on pressure points that I never knew I had and pulling me in all different directions. I started the hour with laying on my back so that I could feel the heating pad that she turned on. Mid way through, she had asked that I turn over and lay on my stomach. The heating pad was so hot on my "girls" that I am sure I lost an entire cup size. The massage was not necessarily the relaxation that I had hoped for and I did not notice a big difference in my back pain. During my poke session, I was just imagining what the best friend must be thinking about these massages. I kept listening for her nervous laughter, but to no avail. The best friend was nice enough to also pay for a scalp massage! (How did I get so lucky having her as a friend??) The masseuse soaked my scalp with oil and proceeded to continue poking! I guess at this point that I should have expected that. When the hour was up, I go dressed and headed out. I was surprised to see the best friend sitting down with a grin on her face. Her hair was greasy and resembled a hairdo from the 80's. I am pretty sure that I even saw some drool on her face. She began to tell me that her massage was outstanding and that she felt amazing. Uhhhh, were we at the same place?

Don't get me wrong, I am not going to swear off massages. I am just going to double check that I am making an appointment with someone that has wonderful reviews. What better excuse for me to have to go again so that I can give it another try ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment