Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Shake N Pour

I did it. I found the most amazingly easy way to make a batch of cupcakes. While visiting the local grocery store, I ran across a display of containers that read "Shake N Pour, Just add water". Say what?!  I had used a product similar for making pancakes, but cupcakes?? I couldn't believe my eyes!

When it said "Just add water", they were not joking. It was literally as easy as pouring water into the container, shaking and then pouring into cupcake liners. No eggs, oil or beaters needed. I was nervous about the cake being dry, but it was surprisingly moist. I did notice that the cake was thicker than normal, but I liked it. I like my cupcakes tall, so the batter made about ten cupcakes.  The Shake and pour comes in chocolate or funfetti, I chose the latter so that I could have an excuse to frost with crack rainbow chip frosting.


Don't get me wrong, I love making cupcakes. Every now and then it is nice to be able to whip something together with ease though. And less dishes to have to wash afterwards! I am promptly placing the chocolate Shake N Pour on my grocery list.

Give it a try, you will not regret it! For those of you with children, this would be a great baking activity for keeping them busy while you are stuck with them they are on summer vacation!

*This is not a paid advertisement* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment