Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

October!

I apologize for the lack of posting as of lately. I am exhausted and have a lot going on right now, some of which I cannot say on here at the moment. There are not enough hours in the day and I wish there was a pill out there that would give me more patience. My mind is so full of thoughts that sleepless nights are the new normal. I have been overwhelmed with life and unfortunately put my blog on the back burner. Don't worry though, you have not missed much! I went to the Jimi Hendrix grave site, {bucket list, check!}! It was really neat to see a legend, even though he was buried. R.I.P Jimi!





Remember my blog about Heather's Lungs? I attended a benefit for her on the 21st, it raised $5,000! The dance crew RNG from MTV's America's Best Dance Crew was there to perform. {Bucket list, check!} There were also two great bands and tons of amazing food. I was so glad to be there and support her.

 



 I tried some new recipes, which included lemon barspretzel brownies and a lazy cookie. I also attempted homemade cinnamon rolls and our new favorite, homemade pizzas from Rhode's rolls. The lemon bars were gross and the pretzel brownies didn't turn out as good as I thought they would be, but the lazy cookie was phenomenal! The cinnamon rolls were fantastic and the pizzas were not only fun to make, but taste great! I would love to have a homemade pizza party :) The husband bought me an early anniversary present!!

Isn't she beautiful?! I nearly cried when I saw it. If it wasn't so heavy, I would let it sleep with me in bed. He sure is a keeper! I have wanted one for a really long time and am so happy that I have one now. I can't wait to try new recipes with it, I have yet to make some cupcakes. Did you know you can even shred chicken with it?? The possibilities are endless.

 I am beyond excited that October is here! The weather is getting cooler and it is getting darker, earlier. I cannot wait to get out my boots and sweaters! Our wedding anniversary is this month and we have fun things to look forward to! As much as I love the fall and cannot wait for the holidays, the month starts off on a sour note. October first is the day that my dad passed away. It has been seventeen years now, but yet it feels just like yesterday. I think that I miss him more now than I ever have. If he were still here, I would have somewhere to go for the holidays, someone to call when my thoughts have gotten the best of me. He had the most unconditional love that only a father has for their daughter. I meant the world to him and he made sure to tell me that every single day. If he were here, he wouldn't let my family treat me as bad as they do. He would have advice for me, wouldn't judge me and would shower me with love when I needed it most. I have finally convinced myself that he is indeed never coming home from this pro longed vacation. I won't ever hear his voice again, or feel his arms hug me tightly. I cannot wait for the day when I can see him again, I hope he is waiting for me. Enough of the tear shedding...time to move on and do things that put a smile on my face.

Like...

Spend my whole entire grocery list on fun pumpkin and Halloween food!

Still keeping my eye out for the Candy Corn Oreo's! They have been sold out every time I have gone to buy them. Fall will not be complete without them!  

I am not a huge fan of pumpkin, but love the smell and that it makes me feel like Fall is here! The bagels were outstanding and the waffles are my new favorite! Word on the street is that there is pumpkin butter, but again, I cannot find it.

When I found these, I thought that they would be the closest thing to heaven in my mouth. NOT! They tasted like apple perfume or caramel potpourri! We will be sure to give these company, no need to eat the whole bag myself.

We already went to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins and to buy a homemade pie. The decorations are up and the candles are ready to be lit! Happy October!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment