Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

One in eight women will have invasive breast cancer some time during her life.

One in thirty six will die from it.
 
These statistics are staggering and hit close to home. October, two years ago, my mom told me that she had a breast cancer scare. The results came back benign, thank goodness. She does however have a rather large lump in her breast and now needs to be checked yearly for the rest of her life. I cannot imagine watching yet another parent suffer with cancer. My mother and I may not have the best relationship, but I secretly pray every night that she will have a long, healthy life without any suffering. As selfish as it may sound, I am not strong enough to go through that again.  

October is breast cancer awareness month. Support the cause, find a cure.



0 comments:

Post a Comment