Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Love in Seattle

Our two year wedding anniversary is tomorrow! We have been together for twelve years though. I cannot believe it has been that long! Some days it feels like we just started dating, other days it feels like we have been together for a lifetime. I could not imagine living life without him. He is my rock, partner in life and my best friend. I don't think I tell him enough how much I appreciate him and cherish his love for me. He still takes my breath away. <-- No pun intended, since I am currently infected with the plague and cannot catch my breath.

Because our anniversary falls during the week, we decided to celebrate during the weekend. We I have been wanting to go to Seattle for quite some time now. I know that we live here but believe it or not, there are many touristy things that we have not done! We have been on a roll crossing things off of our bucket list lately.

I drugged myself up on cough syrup and cold medicine and made our way downtown. The first stop was to check out the Great Wheel. We really wanted to take pictures of it but were hesitant if we actually wanted to ride it. Considering we are both not fans of heights or enclosed spaces, the outlook was not in our favor. As we approached the wheel, it was getting bigger the closer we got.




The husband was nearing an anxiety attack while I was seeing rainbows and unicorns due to all the medication I took. I left the decision up to him if we were going to actually ride it or not. Before I knew it, he was at the ticket counter purchasing our tickets. As we waited in the long line, I was calm as a cucumber. I was feeling a little loopy and out of it. When it was our turn to get into the gondola, it hit me like a ton of bricks! We were getting on the ride and it was really HIGH!! The seats were ROCKING! I was going to be STUCK on this thing! I might DIE! What if we had an EARTHQUAKE while we were up there?! Is my WILL up to date?! So many things were running through my head.

Because there are so many people in line, you have to share the gondola with up to four other people. A dad and his young daughter got in with us. The daughter could see the panic on my face and I asked her if she was scared. She responded "YES!!" I told her that I was more than willing to press the emergency button at any time so that we could get off.



The ride started going, we were getting high off the ground, when...it stopped! The gondola started rocking and I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes. My breakfast was in my throat and I was sure I was going to blow chunks all over the dad sitting across from me. I tried to look at the view, but was overcome with fear. I closed my eyes as tight as I could and asked everyone in the gondola to be quiet. I opened my eyes when we got to the top. The view was pretty, but my hand shook as I tried taking a photo. The wheel went around a total of three times and lasted about 20 minutes long. I am really glad that we did it, definitely something I will never forget. {bucket list, check!}


After regaining my composure, we walked across the street and made our way to the gum wall.


This is the heart we made out of our gum


 
I have always wanted to go to the gum wall! It was not really what I had expected it to be and I wish I would have brought a Costco sized thing of hand sanitizer! It was in a really small alley filled with garbage and homeless people. People could drive down the alley, so you had to make sure to stay out of the way so that you wouldn't get hit. Just image all the germs! It gives me the shivers. {bucket list, check!}

Our next venture was to go to Pike Place Market. {bucket list, check!} It was SOOOO crowded!! I couldn't walk 10 feet without someone bumping into me. It was like a really large farmers market. The flowers were beautiful and all the fruits and vegetables looks delicious.




The famous fish throwers! "HALLLLLLIBUT!" 
 I am disappointed that I did not see the original Starbucks, but it gives me an excuse to go back. Not any time soon by the way, Seattle is overwhelming. Even if the crosswalk says walk, you better watch out because drivers won't stop for you. We checked out the Hard Rock Cafe and City Target. I am not sure if you know or not, but Target is my sanctuary. I could spend the whole day there and spend money on things that I don't even need. It makes me happy and puts a smile on my face. The store was three stories and even had a special escalator just for the carts. Bags cost 25 cents though, so you have to stuff your items in your purse or something. *after you pay for them*



 
 
 After sitting in traffic for what seemed to be like 10 hours, we made our way to dinner. I was pretty sure I was close to being on my death bed, but didn't want to skip our dinner reservations. PF Chang's was on the menu. The soup was the most amazing thing I had ever put in my mouth. It felt so good on my throat and I begged the husband to go buy gallons of it to bring home.



Even though I was close to death, we really did have an amazing weekend. It was fun to spend time together and go on adventures.


Happy Anniversary babe. I love you and look forward to spending forever with you. We have been through a lot together and I am thankful to have you by my side.

Love you...

0 comments:

Post a Comment