Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Yummy but ugly

While I was snowed in, I thought I would do some baking, it takes my mind off things and makes the house smell good :) This round of cupcakes I did yellow cake mix with classic vanilla and chocolate buttercream swirled on top. I was extremely disappointed in how "ugly" they turned out. I tried filling one pastry bag with the vanilla and then another pastry bag with the chocolate, then inserting the two bags into one bag with a tip. Not only was the bag extremely hard to hold on to and squeeze at the same time, but the tip ripped a hole in the bag and frosting starting oozing all over the place. I will have to think of some other way to make the frosting swirl properly. On other news, this round of cupcakes came with the most compliments I have received thus far!! Who knew that the not so pretty ones would be the best tasting?!


I will conquer the swirl!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment