Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Christmas

So, I am a month late writing about our Christmas. Better late than never? The holidays were nice. Our planning and money saving turned out to come in handy as we were able to get the gifts we wanted without going over our financial means. Don't get me wrong, we did not have the kind of money we would have liked. But we were able to get things that we actually wanted. Funny how as you get older, your "wants" and "needs" change. Gone are the days of wanting toys, coloring books and stuffed animals. Now I want makeup, dish towels and clothes!

The best friend had us over the weekend before Christmas. We enjoyed an amazing turkey dinner and hurt our bellies from laughing so hard while playing Cards Against humanity. We had been wanting the game for quite some time,  but always found that it was out of stock. The best friend always comes through when it comes to things that I really want. The game is an "adult" version to the famous Apples to Apples. The best friend's husband got the card. "How did I lose my virginity?". The card he chose to answer the question was, "The Make a Wish Foundation.". We were afraid he was going to suffer from a stroke. The whole room was filled with laughter and tears. I mean, it cannot get much better than that. Oh, besides the Keurig that I got!! We sure are spoiled. Hello hot chocolate and apple cider any time I want! 



Of course I had to deal with some family drama during the holidays. What's new? My mom chose to spend time with me the weekend before so that she could have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my siblings. Still hurts, but I am getting used to it. I swung by my brother's house on Christmas eve afternoon to deliver presents. I did not feel as welcome as I would have liked and my niece said a few rude comments, but overall it was what I expected. The brother surprised me with a Keurig as well. I was surprised considering that most holidays he forgets to get me a gift. I returned it and got a cart full of stuff in return :) 

Christmas Day was a little unusual as the husband had to work. I woke up early to go grab us some McDonald's breakfast. I should have made something nice, but this was fun and easy. We stuffed our mouths and then opened our presents. I sent him off to work and spent the day cooking and cleaning up. Of course I had to make themed food...

Our fancy Christmas morning breakfast
Magic Mike and Chocolate? He sure knows me well.
My festive meatloaf.
My cherry Jello pound cake. It turned out REALLY good. Except, I had accidentally gotten sugar free cherry pie filling. It definitely needed the sugar. Click here for the recipe. 

Happy Holidays! Only 330 days until Christmas! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment