Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wall collage

Since we have moved into our house, we have slowly been trying to get things up on the walls and make it look a little more lived in. I found a super cute wedding frame and stuck it in the middle of the wall in our dining room. It has always looked a little lonely, so yet again I turned to Pinterest looking for some ideas to spruce up the wall. Here and there I have picked up some treasures from the antique store in town and scored some picture frames from the thrift stores, although some things needed to be fixed or touched up {what are husbands for...right?} the wall is finally done! I am beyond happy with how it turned out, I cannot wait to add to the wall over time :)


In the middle is the wedding frame that was standing alone.
To the right of that is a vintage door lock that we found from the antique store. I love the rustic look!
The white shadow box was a find from Goodwill, It had a horribly ugly red flower in it, I ripped that out and replaced with a yellow flower found from the craft store. I love hot glue :)
The frame in the top right hand corner was found at the craft store, a 40% off coupon made it even cuter ;)
The skinny black frame was found at Goodwill as well, it can hold a panorma photo, until we take a picture and get it printed I put a piece of chevron scrapbook paper in it and wrote a quote on the outside with a dry erase marker, that way you can change up what it says whenever you want!



The house frame was also found at the antique store, I put a picture of our house while it was in the process being built. To remind us the journey of becoming homeowners.



Also included is the Scrabble frame the husband made me for Valentine's Day, I had him add some color to it, really brightened it up!


The ampersand sign was a prop for my photo shoots, I have used it a lot already and figured it was time to retire it. I thought it would be a neat idea to cover it in moss...not only did the moss really stink but it was a pain to cover the whole thing, I burnt many fingers with hot glue and am still vacuuming up pieces of moss. I should have just used the moss from our yard instead of buying it from the craft store! #lessonlearned



The black frame below the ampersand was bought at Ross for $5.99, some paint was chipped off, but again the husband fixed that. I originally saw this frame at the craft store but it was priced too high, thirty dollars!! I would never pay that for a frame, not matter how cute it was. So glad I found it cheaper.

Lastly is the chalkboard. I found the board at the craft store, painted it white, attached chalk on a twine string and glued on a fabric flower. I am really proud at how this turned out and cannot wait to see the things guests will write on it. This was my first attempt at making a fabric flower. I really like it, however it was a ton of work. Cutting the fabric was the hardest part! I need to find more patience before I make any more. I was thinking fabric flowers on a headband for the niece? Not sure yet.



SO happy with how this project turned out, on to the next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment