Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We were invited to a friends house over the weekend to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, a day when everyone can be Irish! We made some goodies to bring.

My first attempt was Jolly Rancher vodka. It turned out really good! A very sweet taste with a punch at the end. To make all I did was place twelve Jolly Ranchers per glass container of whatever flavor you would like, I chose Cherry, orange and green apple. Fill with vodka {any kind is fine, I got the cheap stuff} and let sit over night, shake periodically. We mixed it with Sprite. Yummy!


To add to the drunken festivities I made Vodka gummy bears. I had heard many people say they have attempted to make these and they did not turn out. I did a ton of research and found that the trick is storing them in a glass container and not plastic, the plastic does something to the alcohol. I got the gummy bears from the dollar store and placed them into a glass bowl {found at Value Village for $2!} filled the bowl with the left over cheap vodka I had from the Jolly Ranchers and placed in the fridge for seven days. The recipe says five days should be just fine though. Every morning I shook the bowl up. They gummy bears swelled pretty big! They were however still a little moist, so I just brought some toothpicks and people really enjoyed them!! At first you do not taste any alcohol, but towards the end of chewing it really starts to burn! Next time I think I am going to try Malibu Rum instead.




And of course I had to make some cupcakes to bring! These were milk chocolate cupcake with Andes mint filling, cream cheese frosting with a Airhead sour rainbow and a Rolo on top. I absolutely loved the filling in these. The friends house we went to was a little warm inside, while the cupcakes sat out the frosting had started to melt and the rainbows and pot of gold fell off. It was a sad thing to watch, we threw away quite a few, at least some of them were eaten!


The party was fun, we ate a lot of green food, played Rock Band and had some good conversations. Was nice to be around new friends, be welcomed in their house and not have any drama for once!



Do I have the cutest husband or what?! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment