Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Snoqualmie Pass

Friday was Rachel's birthday, so we packed the pain pills {Yes, my back is still giving me problems} and headed to Snoqualmie Falls. She hadn't been for years and I had never gone before. It was only about an hour drive, we took the back roads so we could enjoy the scenery; lots of fields, barns and cows. When we arrived the weather was overcast, not sunny but not rainy either. We walked the paths to get to the look out point of the waterfall, the roar of the water was breathtaking and made the anticipation of what was to come even more exciting. As we approached the waterfall you could feel the mist of the roaring water, it felt as though it was raining even though we knew it wasn't. We turned the corner...

Literally took my breath away. I have never seen anything like this before! The sound of the water was overwhelming, the mist in your face was cold and wet and the scene...magnificent. I wish the weather would have been a little nicer, it was starting to get really foggy and I wish we would have had a little sun out. But we do live in the northwest, so I will take what we can get :) I cannot wait to take the husband there so he can experience it also!

Happy Birthday Rachel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment