Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Crazy Cat Lady?

Not quite...but close! This last Saturday October 15th we added two new members to our family! I have never had pets before, just fish, the husband had grown up with cats. I have been looking at some pet adoption places to see what was available and had fallen in love with a white cat, she was so big and had a double chin! I couldn't resist. I went to go see her in person and fell even more in love with her. The only catch was that she was bonded with her sister and they had to be adopted together. Her sister was even bigger than her and had black spots that resembled a cow. They had told me that nobody was wanting to adopt them because they were older {seven and eight} and because they were overweight {thirteen and fifteen pounds}. Well I am overweight and old and I would hope that someone would want me :) Over the weekend I took the husband to go look at the cats. An hour later we brought them home.

Cow
Coke
It has definitely been an adjustment in our house. We went from having no pets to two cats overnight. The first couple nights were overwhelming with the cat hair, but seems to have gotten a little better now. My allergies {yes, I am allergic to cats, go figure!} have not been as bad as I expected, I had some welts and my nose and eyes have been bothersome but nothing that I can't handle. Hoping in the next couple weeks they will not bother me at all. Coke has scratched on the couch a couple times and jumped on the kitchen counter once, but other than that they are very well behaved. They use the litter box just fine and have not had any accidents *knock on wood* but are not eating as much as I think they should be. We think they are still a little skiddish and are trying to adjust, hoping they will come around soon. It has been nice to have them in the house, makes it feel more like a home, and when they cuddle with us at night while we are watching TV it brings a smile to our face. Welcome home girls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment