Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Back Pain

Pinched a nerve in my back yet again...

It all started a few years back in 2007, my mother was remodeling her house and I was working extra hard to help  with some of the labor and get things marked off the list. I had overworked myself and thought I was stronger than He-man. Wrong, I had hurt my back, a herniated disc. Yay me! Although I have a mild constant pain every single day, I have learned to deal with it and continue on trying not to let it impact my life. In May of 2009 right before we had started the building process on our house my back was hurting a little more than normal, I was making the bed and had bent over to grab a pillow off the floor. All of a sudden I had this pain, something I had never felt before! It felt like razor blades were stuck in my tail bone, a sharp shooting pain traveled down my left leg. This took my breath away and I felt like I couldn't walk, I tried sitting down but the pain was excruciating to even be in the sitting position. I had to lay on the bed. I tried ice packs, plenty of Advil and rest. Nothing was helping. I was not even able to sit on the toilet or walk to the kitchen. I had never in my life felt this kind of pain! We had a chiropractor come to the house. He told me that the herniated disc had caused swelling in my back muscles and in turn they were compressing around my sciatic nerve {the biggest nerve in our body}. The pain would not go away until the swelling had gone down. This took three weeks. I was stuck in bed, unable to walk around and night time was the worst because I would toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable which would cause more pain! After three weeks I was able to finally get around and get back to normal.

Fast forward to May of 2011 {why May??} it happened again! The only thing I can think of is I had just started water zumba and maybe I had over done it? This time the pain lasted for a little over two weeks. Pain pills seemed to do the trick and made life a little easier. Now only four short months later here we are AGAIN! Are you kidding me?! I had continued my zumba classes and I think maybe the workout is too high impact for my back and I did not let myself heal properly since the last time? So far I am nine days in, although I do feel some pain relief I am still super uncomfortable and having a hard time getting around. The worst part this time...this weekend is our first year wedding anniversary, we had the whole weekend planned and I am stuck on the couch. I am so angry and mad this is happening, I just dealt with this a few months ago! I feel so guilty that the husband has had to take over the house, laundry and caring for me. Our anniversary is postponed and I feel so useless. My mind races during the day and I feel the pressure of not accomplishing anything weighing down on me. I am supposed to be looking for work! I need to help contribute to our household. How am I going to go to interviews when I have a hard time even getting to the bathroom? I feel like the husband is so disappointed in me, I know he would never say that to me, but this has got to be so frustrating for him. I am seriously blessed, my husband has really taken over and helped around the house with the stuff I cannot do. I would be lost without him. I feel as though no one understands. My friends call and say "Still on the couch?" It has only been nine days!! It does not get better over night. I don't know how much longer I can go through this. I am at my wits end. This is the worst pain ever, I wouldn't would wish this upon my worst enemy!

Hoping for a miracle that I am all better by this weekend! A girl can wish right?

If you feel like boring yourself, here is an article about what I am going through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment