Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Real Friend

Today started off like any other, woke up, made the bed and packed a lunch for the hubby. My goal for the day was to try and not let things bother me, I knew to achieve this I would have to keep myself busy. I have never cleaned this hard before! I won't bore you with all the details, but the house looks brand new! I got all the laundry done and even did some baking. Rachel had called during my cleaning adventure and asked if she could swing by really quick, I told her she was always welcome here; I love having company, although I don't get it often. A little while had passed, and then there was a knock at the door...

I was greeted by the most heart felt smile I had ever seen on someones face. I could feel the love coming from the doorstep! Her arms were full. She knew we have been going through a rough time and that we have been down on ourselves lately.

She brought us dinner so I wouldn't have to cook tonight! Chicken ranch pizza, minus tomatoes and onions (we are picky!) she really knows us :] Some cheese bread and cinnamon bread too!!


As if this wasn't enough, she then handed me a Jamba Juice!

*Side note* I am a Jambaholic, I would drink it every single day if I could, who am I kidding? I would even rub it on my body! (Ok, maybe I wouldn't because that would be really sticky, but seriously that is how much I love my Jamba!!)

The most special part was that she had brought in a bag that was full of stickers, paper, pencil sharpeners and baggies! My husbands best friend is serving in Iraq right now, this is his second tour. We are getting ready to ship off some care packages for him, he had asked if we could send some baggies full of art/school stuff so he could pass them out to the children over there. I had mentioned this to Rachel, she took it upon herself to bring these wonderful things over to contribute to the care packages. What a heart felt thing to have done! Support the troops!!


But the most special thing of all, besides seeing her face, was what she gave me next. The feeling of love, the reassurance that I am indeed a good person and the warmth of knowing that her friendship is true and genuine. She will never know how much it meant to me to feel this kind of love, besides my husband, it has been a long time since I felt like this. It hit me today...it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of me. I know I am good person and I have an amazing husband and an extraordinary best friend. I would be lost without them. There are good people in the world, I just happen to be the lucky one to have found them. Thank you from the bottom of my soul Rachel for being you, and for being there when we needed you most. You truly are a phenomenal person!


She bought me the sign (see last blog)...she told me YOU ARE ENOUGH! I have tears running down my cheek as I write this, I will forever be grateful for her, the generosity, the kindness and the love she gives me.

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
- Walter Winchell



0 comments:

Post a Comment