Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

And Then There Were Four

Throughout my childhood, my mom worked full time and found me an amazing lady who cared for me during the day. She watched me since I was six weeks old and was like a second mom to me. She would get me ready for school and have a snack ready for when I got back, I loved being at her house. She cared for me until I was nine. And yes I am still in contact with her to this day :] Back at home with my mom things were pretty normal day to day stuff. Get up early, head to the sitters, go to school, come home when Mom got off work, eat dinner, do homework, then go to bed...rinse and repeat. I would go visit my dad every other weekend and a Wednesday here and there. My brother had graduated high school when I was four and he headed off to college, but would still come home some weekends and holidays. My sister on the other hand...she became a teen mom. She gave birth to my nephew when I was seven. Believe it or not, my mom was really excited to be a grandma and after my sister had the baby, she became a lot closer to me, I think she realised that there was no need to be so angry with me, I was just a child and didn't deserve that. She moved out of our house into an apartment with her boyfriend and the baby. I would visit all the time and help out with the baby. Seventeen months later she gave birth to baby number two, another boy! I was delighted to be an aunt again! I had so much fun always being apart of their little family and watching the babies grow and learn. Thirteen months after baby number two, number three came, another boy! Three boys!! Our family was sure getting big. Last but not least about two and a half years later baby number four was born...and you guessed it...a boy!! I was the proud aunt of four nephews. Life couldn't get any better than this.

I never knew you could have as much love for someone as I had for these four boys. They are the lights of my life. We grew up together and my sister made me feel so loved by including me in every day activities and having me over all the time. After she had baby number four, she married their dad -she had been dating him since I was five-. I always felt so blessed to be able to be such a big part of their lives, to watch them grow and turn into young men. I could see the love in their eyes for me and that they looked up to me and smiled when I would walk in the room. We had many adventures together, exploring our way through life...

0 comments:

Post a Comment