Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

106.1 Kiss FM Jingle Ball

As I was driving home after an exhausting/emotional day, I turned on my favorite radio station and starting singing at the top of my lungs. Isn't funny that we all sound amazing while singing in our car? Watch out American Idol. Anyway, the station had announced that they were giving away tickets to The Kiss FM Jingle Ball Bash. They had 10 sets of tickets available and were in Target's parking lot. The only problem was that I was 30+ minutes away from the store. I quickly grabbed my phone *I do not condone texting and driving, but this was an emergency situation. Better than Facetiming? That happened once.* and messaged a few of my friends who lived close to the store mentioned. You can imagine my surprise when one of them called me back within a few minutes and said she had picked up two of the tickets! She happened to be driving by the store when she received my text. It was fate.

Neither one of us knew who would be performing. I turned to the Internet to find out.

- Selena Gomez
- Fifth Harmony
- Austin Mahone
- Paramore
- Fall Out Boy
- Icona Pop
- Travie McCoy
- New Polotics
- FLO RIDA

When I read that Flo Rida would be there, I knew I had to go.

The arena was small and there were many empty seats. I was surprised that such big acts were performing in our small town and the show was not sold out. Definitely a lot different from seeing Bruno or The Eagles this past year. I did not know who a few of the acts were, but I thought it was fun seeing so many different bands perform one right after another. It was unlike any concert I had been to before.

Selena Gomez sang a whole lot better than I had expected her to! She really put on a good show and got the crowd excited. I actually enjoyed her!


Icona Pop was a crowd pleaser and the everyone went wild when Austin Mahone came out. I was not a fan of his, he barely sang and his dance moves were not impressive. New Polotics showed off their amazing break dancing moves and Paramore even brought a teenage girl on stage to sing with them. Travie McCoy was great even though I am sure he was highly intoxicated. It was fun to hear everyone sing about how bad they wanted to be a billionaire. 

Fall Out Boy put on a great show, but I felt like Pete Wentz was a little cocky. He did apologize for asking people to come back to his hotel afterwards...naked. 



Hands down, the highlight of my night was Flo Rida. During his performance he handed out roses to the ladies near the stage. He even brought people up on stage and danced with them *insert jealous rage here*. The best part was when he sat on the Santa's shoulders and went through the crowd. When his shirt came off, my heart skipped a beat. He was dreamy. His chest was beautiful with sweat glistening from the lights. Had I been closer, I would have for sure thrown my body onto him. I definitely had a good feeling ;)  



Overall, the concert was something that I will never forget. I am glad that we got our tickets for free as I think I would have been disappointed to pay full price for them. Hopefully my winning streak continues in 2014! I already have my Journey tickets purchased and have begun the countdown. 200 more days!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment