Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Halloween Treats

I didn't have plans for Halloween night besides passing out candy and watching scary movies on TV.  I had found some fun Halloween recipes on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to make the husband a themed dinner for when he got home from work.

I first started with making Witch brooms. It was as easy as placing a pretzel stick into a Reese's cup. I used the mini cups, but think the regular sized ones would have worked better.


I then tried my hand at making spider eggs. I made deviled eggs like I normally would and then cut up some olives for making the spider body and legs. My only mistake was that when purchasing the olives, I picked out a can of  "colossal" size. I had never seen then before and thought they would be fun! They turned out to be a tad too big. However, I liked the olive taste with the deviled egg.

COLOSSAL! 

While I threw a meatloaf into the oven, I started working on my pumpkin cheese ball! You can thank me later for including the recipe. 

                                            -16 oz cream cheese {2 packages}
                                            -2 cups grated cheddar cheese
                                            -3 tablespoons minced onion
                                            -3 tablespoons salsa
                                            -2 cups of Doritos chips
                                            -Step of one green pepper

*I chopped up the rest of the green pepper and added it to the mixture*

Use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, cheddar, onion and salsa. Mix until creamy. Scoop mixture onto plastic wrap and use the wrap to form a ball. Place the ball into fridge for two hours. When ready to serve, roll the ball into crunched chips and top with pepper stem. I served it with tortilla chips.

That Frankenstein sure is a creeper. 
We ate this masterpiece for the next two nights. It was to die for! I am going to make another one for Christmas (minus the Doritos and pepper stem) and serve with Wheat Thin crackers. I am thinking of adding red pepper to the mixture for some holiday color. 

We finished the night with making orange colored Halloween hot chocolate. It tasted like plastic and we ended up dumping it out. It was fun to make though!


0 comments:

Post a Comment