Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Reese's Cupcakes

I love finding something fun and yummy to bake during the weekend, especially if it is holiday themed. 


Anything with chocolate and peanut butter is bound to turn out delicious.


These owl and pumpkin cupcake liners? Adorable!


The filling that came in the box was not only easy to make, it tasted heavenly. I am sure some crack was included as I had a hard time putting down the spatula.


 Not Kidding. 


The above picture was my first attempt at making a famous Jiffy boxed frosting that I have heard good reviews about. It was easy to make, but tasted like cardboard with a tad hint of plastic. Into the trash it went.


As a backup plan, I grabbed some S'more flavored frosting from the cupboard, which also tasted gross! Hoping that the third attempt would be a charm, I tried my hand at making homemade chocolate frosting. WINNER!.

                                              - 3 cups powdered sugar
                                              -3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
                                              -1 stick of softened butt      
                                              -1/4 cup milk
                                              -1/4 teaspoon vanilla

First mix together the sugar and cocoa and set aside. Mix butter and vanilla, then slowly incorporate the cocoa/sugar mix along with the milk. If the frosting is too thick, add in some additional milk. 


Finished product! And those little Reese's Pieces? I found those at Walmart and thought they would make the perfect garnish. They were also great for eating by the handful while waiting for the cupcakes to cool. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment