Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tulip festival?

Last week was spring break for most people. I normally try to plan something fun to do during this time. This year me and the best friend made plans to go to the Tulip Festival, it is about thirty minutes from where I live. Neither one of us had ever been and we thought it would be a great photo opportunity! When we got to town we headed to the information building to get directions. The guy that worked there was really nice, he gave us a map and told us the best places to go. He even told us some interesting facts; the Skagit tulip festival is the biggest bulb growing place in all of the nation, they even distribute the flowers to Holland! Apparently the tulip festival is even aired on a local television station in Tokyo. We grabbed out map and continued on our way. As we were driving through this little town we were admiring the old buildings and keeping an eye out for the tulips. All of a sudden BAM!! Nothing but yellow, it was so bright!!! Hundreds, thousands, probably millions {ok, maybe not millions} of daffodils! We knew we were going in the right direction. As we arrived the anticipation of what we were going to see was building up. We paid the admission {$5} and headed in...


These were the first flowers we saw, the smell was absolutely amazing! I wish I could bottle it up. The aroma instantly put a smile on your face.

As you enter the grounds, there is a cute little gift shop you can go into, they also have some food vendors, hot dogs, funnel cakes, fudge, hot chocolate and other amazing goodies. They have some small tulip gardens spread throughout the walking areas.




As you make your way through the grounds, you approach a fence that leads you to the tulip fields, it was extremely muddy!! Luckily we came armed with our fashionable rain boots!


As we made our way through the wet mud we fastly approached the tulip fields...this is what we saw.


None of the tulips had bloomed yet!!! The weather here in Washington has not been the best, the rain has stuck around longer than normal and the sun has not been out much. Yes, we actually do have sun here, it does not rain every single day!! We made the long journey to the other fields, I braved the mud! This is what we saw there...




YELLOW!!! I have never seen so much yellow in my life!! It was so bright and vibrant! It put an instant smile on my face! The flowers seemed like they went on for miles and miles. I wanted to pick every single one and bring them home!

And in case you think I am just being a wimp about the mud...I am not exaggerating! It was MUDDY!





Although I wish the tulips would have been in bloom, the view was spectacular, I can't wait to go back!



0 comments:

Post a Comment