Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pioneer Woman!

The best friend is a fan of The Pioneer Woman, she loves her story and enjoys cooking things out of her cook books {and we like tasting all of those yummy goodies!}. Well a few months ago she had sent me and e-mail saying that Ree was going to be coming to our state for a book singing in April, I told her we HAD to go, how could we not go see her favorite person?? I did not have to twist her hand. Tuesday was the big day, we got to the book signing two hours ahead of time, thank goodness we did because it was like a mad dash, elbow flying spree to get a seat! We got two seats in the fifth row.




We survived the dash! Doesn't everyone like a self portrait that is blurry? Don't hate.

We had to wait about and hour and a half until her presentation, but it was worth it. I did not know much about Ree, I purchased her latest cook book and I do have to say that everything looks amazing and I cannot wait to cook! During her talk I grew to love this woman!! Should I dare say that I might even have a girl crush? She is down to earth, genuine, shy and funny {she sang Endless Love to a picture of her dog!} she has a super cute cowboy husband, she cooks great food and taught herself how to take amazing pictures with her Nikon *holla!* camera. Sigh...


Kicking myself for not bringing the nice camera. Still rolling with the Iphone 3GS I apologize for the picture quality.

She spoke for 45 minutes, afterwards you had to wait for your letter to be called so you could line up. We were letter F. After standing in line for what seemed to be forever, everyone was sweaty and hot and would have probably killed a small puppy for a cup of water. Six hours and twenty minutes since we had arrived it was finally our turn to have our books signed! We were so tired and nervous all that came out of my mouth was "I liked it when you sang!" really??? That is all I could come up with? I am such a nerd. She was super friendly and even said she would stay until every last book was signed. I am now a devoted fan and cannot wait to purchase her other books!





0 comments:

Post a Comment