Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Too Sensitive

"Too sensitive". If I had a penny for every time I had that one throw my way, I would sure be rich. I let those two little words get the best of me. Do I cry too often or take things too personally? Maybe I do overreact at times and blow things out of proportion. Does this make me a bad person? Is this a personality trait that many people are not fond of? Has this cost me friendships and situations that could have been prevented? I was starting to let the word "sensitive" define who I was as a person. And then I stumbled upon this article...

16 Habits of Highly Sensitive People

1. They feel deeply.
2. They're more emotionally reactive. 
3. They are probably used to hearing, "Don't take things so personally" and "Why are you so sensitive?"
4. They prefer to exercise solo. 
5. It takes longer for them to make decisions. 
6. And on that note, they are more upset if they make a "bad" or "wrong" decision. 
7. They're extremely detail-oriented. 
8. Not all highly sensitive people are introverts.
9. They work well in team environments. 
10. They're more prone to anxiety or depression. (but only if they've had a lot of past negative experiences).
11. That annoying sound is probably significantly more annoying to a sensitive person. 
12. Violent movies are the worst.
13. They cry more easily.
14. They have above-average manners. 
15. The effects of criticism are especially amplified in highly sensitive people. 
16. Cubicles= good. Open-office plans=bad. 

Well, that just cleared up any confusion I may have had! Clearly I am a highly sensitive person. Minus number 4, considering that I never exercise. You can read the entire article here. And you know what? I no longer give a shit if I am "too sensitive". I would much rather be a caring person with a big heart than someone who is cold without a kind bone in their body. So those of you that think I am too dramatic or overly sensitive, kindly go fuck yourself. :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment