Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Random act of kindness

After a long grocery shopping trip to our local Winco, I approached the check out line with relief that I was almost ready to go home. In front of me was an elderly lady. She was clearly struggling to put her groceries from the cart and onto the belt. I did not have to think twice about helping her. I did indeed help out from the kindness of my heart but I also knew that if I did not assist her, that we would be there for a rather long time. She was thankful and made sure to thank me over and over again. As I was now working on my cart, she reached over and tapped my shoulder. She handed me this handmade necklace for being kind to her and offering help.

An angel? 
It warmed my heart to see how thankful she was for my random act of kindness. This reminded me that there are good people out there. With all the horrific footage on the news about Boston, it was nice to hear about the stories of those who did good during that time. People opened their homes to complete strangers who were in need. A police officer delivered milk to a family with small children while their neighborhood was locked down. Moral of this story is to remind people that a small random act of kindness can go a long way. You never know someone else's story, or the path they have had to walk. Go that extra mile to put a smile on someones face. It will not only make you feel good about yourself, but it will make their day a little brighter. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment