Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Last year I made the 52 Reasons I love you for the husband. It was a complete hit, he thought it was so clever and thoughtful. This year I turned to Pinterest, looking for more unique Valentine's Day gifts. I saw a lot of people doing 14 days of love. Where you give a small gift each day in February up until the 14th, you have to include a cute little note with the product though! It was pretty easy coming up with cute little sayings, but proved to be hard to find the exact things needed at the store. I am happy with how everything turned out and think that he was genially surprised everyday when he would find a new treat around the house.



I woke up this morning to a beautiful poem...


What I learned today is that flowers and chocolates don't necessarily say "I love you". Small random acts of kindness go a long way and will be remembered for a life time. When I was heading out the door this morning, the husband told me to plug in my iPod right away and listen to the first song that came on. Get ready for it...it was "You are my sunshine"! *Swoon* He is a keeper. 

Happy Valentine's Day! Today is not just about celebrating the love you have with your significant other, it is about showing love to all of the special people in your life.  

Update: I wrote this blog before the husband had come home from work. I was pleasantly surprised to see him walking through the door baring gifts. 

Chocolate covered strawberries. My favorite! I hate to admit that I ate these all in one sitting,  probably faster than I should have. I should have rubbed them all over my body...for my enjoyment, not his ;)
And my favorite flower
A heart shaped pizza for dinner. Great ending to an amazing Valentine's Day!
**PS. A few weeks after Valentine's Day, I found these on clearance at Fred Meyer.  I should have bought every bag they had on sale. They are one of the best things I have ever placed in my mouth. When I have that urge to have a chocolate covered strawberry, these hit the spot. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment