Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Grandpa

Four days ago, my grandfather passed away.

 I have a hard time finding the words that I want to say.

He was my everything.

He showed me what it truly meant to be a fighter and to never give up.

He loved me unconditionally and always had a smile on his face.

Loss is hard and losing him has proved to be harder than I had ever imagined it would be.

What do I do now when I want to call and see how his day was?

I have been trying so hard to keep it all together, I don't think anyone knows how hard this has been for me.

The smile on my face and the strong tone that I have in my voice? It's fake.

The funeral is in a few days, maybe closure will help me to be able to take the steps needed to move on?

He will be missed deeply...


This photo was taken nine days before he passed. I am thankful that I was able to say goodbye and see that smile one last time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment