Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Summertime

♫ Summer, summer, summertime time to sit back and unwind ♫


Thank you Will Smith for making an awesomely amazing song that I can blare loudly in my car during the summer, with my windows down and the sun beating on my ray-bans.  


The summer festivities have continued; you know that you have had a good weekend when you wake up Monday morning and your bedding smells like campfire. This past weekend was pretty phenomenal. Friday was miserable, it was 356 degrees outside and the humidity was somewhere around 4000%! Realistically, it was in the nineties with little to no breeze. I saw my death rapidly approaching, it was horrible. I had do run some errands and got so overheated that I went to the best friends house and took a dip in the pool. It is amazing how well the pool cools you down, we actually got a little cold! I didn't return home until it was safe enough to open the windows and cool off the house. When the husband got home form work, we laid in front of the fan in our skivvies and watched a movie. Ugh, I am not a fan of the heat! We don't live in Washington for the sun!!

Saturday we got some much needed things done around the house and caught up on the laundry I had ignored during the heat wave. Later that night, we made some pizza, enjoyed a ice cold screwdriver and rented Hunger Games, we thought it was a really good movie! Normally I don't like movies like that, but it was super good! I think I may even buy it. Fast forward to two AM and the husband insisted that we run to our local McDonald's because he heard that they were now serving breakfast after midnight. I did not think this would be a good idea. We just had pizza not too long ago and since we have been eating healthier, we have not been eating much fast food, let alone eating at the hour! 

This is us at McDonald's at around 2:15 AM. He won.
The food was really good and greasy, which our stomachs did not appreciate well into the early hours of the morning. We will not be doing that again anytime soon.

Saturday we went to another junk in the trunk sale, we loved the last one so much that we could not wait to check out this one! They had about ten five booths all together, we were a little disappointed. The first and only booth that caught my eye was a Party Lite consultant. I saw some candle holders that I thought were pretty cute, she said that everything on the table was ten dollars and under! I asked how much she would want for the two candle holders that I liked and she responded that they were ten dollars each or that I could buy the pair for $25. T-W-E-N-T-Y F-I-V-E! Ummm, how is that even a good deal? She would charge me more for buying the pair?! No thank you. I bought a three dollar candle from her and walked away.

After the junk sale we had to stop by the store to grab a couple things before heading to the best friends house. While at the store, we saw these...

Cookies shouldn't be sad!
I mean, who would buy these?? They just made me sad thinking that they were not part of the eating healthy plan!

Afterwards, we went to the best friends house to have lunch/dinner and sit by the fire to eat our weight in s'mores. 

Rolo stuffed marshmallows!

Reese's cup s'more!

 It was so nice to just sit around the fire relaxing with good company, listening to music and having great conversation. Something about Tom Hanks being sexy and Jennifer Aniston having too large of nipples? Such a great time! We are really enjoying this summer and am getting sad to see it go. Although, fall is my favorite time of year! Wearing sweaters and boots, lighting candles and cuddling with my favorite blanket while sipping hot chocolate. Can't wait!

I wanted to end this blog with a quote I had seen on Facebook.

"To all the people along the way that hurt me, lied to me, betrayed and broke my heart...
You forced me to see the change that I needed in my life and gave me the determination, motivation and a belief that I needed to change.
You gave me more than you could ever take from me so, thank you!"

It is little things like this that keep me going in the right direction. Life is too damn short, I just want to do things that make me happy!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment