Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer lovin

This last weekend was hot, hot, HOT! It got into the nineties, which in Seattle language is damn near a billion degrees! We really wanted to head to the beach but thought that we might die sitting in the sun. {Note to self: purchase a beach umbrella!} The best friend was out of town so we thought we would head over to her house and float in the pool check on the pets.

On our way to her house we saw a garage sale and felt like we just had to stop and check it out. I am so glad we did! Look at these babies that we scored for $10. TEN DOLLARS! {For the pair, not each! Brand new in the box!}

I looked online and the Buck is going for $59.99 and the Doe for $39.99! What a great deal we got! It was hard to think about Christmas when it was 462 degrees outside, but when you are on a budget, you grab a deal whenever you see one! Yay for Christmas deer!  

HOT! Yes, I know I need to dust my car.
It is amazing how fast the pool will cool you down. We sat back on our floaties with a cold drink {Powerade} and floated til our bodies were pruny. Seriously, it was the most relaxing thing ever. If her pool wasn't the size of a small island I would have totally brought it home.

I love this guy!
Across the street from her house is a yummy little frozen yogurt place. How could we not swing by for a bite...or two...or a hundred. I got cake batter and chocolate yogurt with Captain Crunch cereal and Butterfinger pieces. The-best-thing-ever!

What an amazing weekend! I love when we can just sit back and enjoy ourselves.

The tans will fade but the memories will last forever. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment