Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Well that was an amazing Fourth of July! We could not have asked for better weather, we had ahhhmazing food and great company :) I was invited to a friends house while the husband was busy working all day. Surprise, surprise, I made some cupcakes to bring. I wanted to make the pink lemonade ones but I could not find the cake mix or frosting anywhere!! So I attempted to make my own...

I used a lemon cake mix and used this lemon filling to fill them! Sooooo yummy. One can was plenty for 24 cupcakes.


For the frosting I used Whipped Cream frosting and flavored it with a packet of Pink Lemonade drink mix and added a tiny amount of red food coloring to get the light pink color. I ended up mixing in almost two whole packets of the drink mix because I was worried it would not be flavorful enough. One packet would have been just fine!! I felt like it was a little sour. I placed a candy lemon wedge on top and a cute little straw! I thought the cupcakes looked really cute but were WAY too sour. Other people said they tasted really good, maybe I am just not a big fan of lemon?


Had such a great time visiting with everyone and eating wayyyyy too much.

After the husband got home from work, we went to a lookout point near our house {along with the rest of the city! It was super crowded!} we cuddled with a blanket and watched fireworks until midnight. Even the firemen came to watch. It was extremely beautiful although it was a tad cold out! {He took this by the way, he really is getting good at using the camera!}


Did you happen to see the moon last night? So big and pretty! {Another one by the husband! Good job!!}

I had an absolute amazing Fourth of July. It was really nice to be around good people, relax and just enjoy myself.

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
- Elmer Davis

0 comments:

Post a Comment