Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Leavenworth

The best friend and I {along with her son} decided to take a day trip last Friday over one of our mountain passes to a small town called Leavenworth. We packed a lunch and some road trip snacks and headed on our way. It was such a beautiful drive, looking at the trees, the frosty grass, and the mountain tops.


We played trivia {apparently I am really bad at it!} and enjoyed the scenery as we continued our drive. Our first pit stop was at the top of the pass, we wanted to see the snow and take some pictures.

Stevens Pass
As we got back into the truck we realized that it was a lot colder outside that we had originally thought it would be. We knew it would be cold, but this was almost bone chilling!

Yes, that says nineteen!
We headed back on the road and made it a little further before we pulled to the side of the road to take more photos, these are some of my most favorite pictures I have ever taken. The snow is so pretty!




Our last stop before arriving was a little candy shop, we did not take any pictures there, which is probably a good thing because they had some sample hot sauces that you could try, I had grabbed one to smell it...but didn't read it first...as I held it to my nose I could feel burning in my nose and throat. I had smelt the XXX DANGER one!!! You know, there should be a WAY bigger sign stating that, for people like me who don't pay attention. I no longer have nose hair. But we did buy some yummy fudge!

After two hours of driving we arrived to a town full of Christmas!

Leavenworth, WA
There was a tree with stale pretzels hanging from it to feed the birds. It was really cute, and made it easy to remember where we parked!


You wonder what was the first thing we did when we arrived? Got ice cream of course! haha The town was cozy, it was touristy so the crowd got overwhelming at times and the prices were high, but we had fun none the less. We went into stores, window shopped, took pictures with Santa and watched as the town lit up with all different colors of Christmas lights!

Window shopping
We ended the night with some hot chocolate and headed back to the truck to thaw and make our way home. We asked each other what was the best part of the day and we all said it was the time that we spent together in the truck. That just goes to show you that it doesn't matter how near or far that you travel, what matters is who you have sitting beside you. I had such a great time and look forward to going back and bringing the husband with. We had been there before together but during the summer, it was a lot more fun during the winter with all the holiday festivities going on. I will always remember this trip! It was nice to do something different, to get out and get things off my mind! Thanks for the trip bestie!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment