Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Zoo Trip

The best friend's family had come to town and invited me to tag along for a trip to the zoo. I had not been to the zoo in over four years and was excited to see the new exhibits. I was nervous about doing too much walking and irritating my back. I made sure to wear some good shoes and pack some Advil. I also made sure to bring along my camera, considering that it had been eight months since I had used it! I feel as though my cell phone takes great photos and is more convenient than lugging around the big camera. I need to get better at using it more often! The first few clicks, I felt like a beginner all over again.

There were not as many animals out as we had hoped. I think it was because we went so early in the morning? My favorite part was listening to the best friend's brother make animal noises. At every single exhibit. There was a time or two that many zoo goers as well as animals gave him a funny look. His four year old son had a great time reading the map and leading us in the "right" direction. He kept telling me that the dolphins and polar bears were his favorite. None of which we actually  have at the zoo.

This is the famous Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. It is over 65 acres of land, which equals out to around one million miles in walking distance? We started at the South parking lot and made it all the way to the bears. We then looped around and only managed to skip the petting zoo and bug exhibit. Which was fine with me! Yuck! 
Towards the end of the trip, my feet were starting to throb but luckily my back was holding out pretty well. We saw roughly 90% of the zoo, but skipped a few at the end so that we could hurry back to the car. We were all tired/hungry and tired of walking! Afterwards, we headed to a local fish & chips called Spuds, they have been around for over 70 years! I contemplated drinking the tartar sauce. Fish & chips are my weakness. Excuse me as I did not take any photos during our lunch, I was busy stuffing my face. I had an amazing day with everyone. Memories that I will keep for a lifetime.

This little fella was roaming around freely. He was sure pretty, but had quite the attitude! 
This lady was being transferred from the holding facility to the open fields. She walked right in front of us, just a few feet away. She is also pregnant! It was amazing to see such a large animal within reaching distance. The baby inside her belly had to be the same size as me!
Rawr! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment