Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November Craziness

Is it just me or did this month seem to go by really fast? Thanksgiving is in TWO days! What?! I kept putting off my blog because either not finding time or lacking motivation has been a problem. For those of you who have been sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to see what all has been happening in my life, I apologize and will do my best getting you up to speed. *Laughing as I know that no one is actually holding onto their seat in anticipation* Have you seen how many followers I have? Hope Blogger doesn't have a limit on those!

You didn't really just look did you?

Whew! I had been counting down the days for November to arrive so that I could have some wind down time. Making Christmas lists, doing crafts and baking scrupulous dishes. Having my Christmas cards done early, going on an adventure outside to take pictures of the trees dropping their leaves. Reading until my eyes hurt, doing things for "me" that I never make time to do. That all sounded so amazing, and yet...it is the end of the month and I have not done any of the above said. The opportunity of doing a bazaar got thrown into my lap. I thought it would be an amazing opportunity to make some money for the holidays, but not that it is getting closer, I am hoping to break even! The husband threated to sleep at a hotel if I asked him one more time to help with crafts. Every one of my fingers have been burnt from the hot glue gun and there is glitter all over the living room. I think that it will be a neat experience, but it has been a ton of work getting ready for this thing and I am really nervous that no one will like what we are selling. We shall see...

I have been making my grocery list off of Pinterest lately and have been having fun making desserts and different dinners. I was feeling like our dinners were getting boring and I was starting to no enjoy myself while cooking. There use to be a time when I would hate going to the kitchen to make dinner, and now I am actually getting excited about the next thing on my list to make! I apologize now for not taking pictures of all my new creations. It is hard to take a photo when you're busy licking your fingers! Follow this link Million Dollar Spaghetti for one of my new favorite dinners that we just made. It was to die for and I cannot wait to make it again! We even made home made cinnamon rolls! It was my first time using yeast, so I was a little impatient letting them rise. I thought they were a little dry, but overall tasted really good!



The best friend told me about this new Cool Whip frosting that comes in cream cheese, chocolate and vanilla. It was under two dollars for a tub of it! It tasted sooo good and fluffy, but I think it would be best used for a filling.



On Monday, the best friend came over to work on some craft projects for the bazaar. It did not take as long as we had thought to get everything done so she decided to take me out for a night on the town to let loose and have fun. We started by going to this buffet restaurant down the road. It was to-die-for. My first mistake was starting with a salad, I will be scratching that the next time. Why would you fill up on things good for you when there are so many other things to eat?? I had two plates full for the main course and not even kidding, had 4+ plates of dessert! They had cotton candy AND a chocolate fountain!!!




Is it bad that I would like to hide in their bathroom all day and come out just to fill my plate for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I could live there. My button even came undone on my pants by the time we left. At least it didn't fling across the room and hurt someone! I can't wait to take the husband there during his mini staycation. The horrible part is that on Sunday I had weighed myself and had lost almost three pounds! Only two away before I am in the 50's!!! However, this was before going to the buffet, where I am pretty sure I packed on a cool fortyish pounds. Whatever. You have to live once! Probably not the best idea to do this during Thanksgiving week, go big or go home right?

Down 53 pounds and 6.64 BMI points. Woot!


After our gluten feast, we went to go see the new Twilight! Can you believe that Edward dies at the end?!!?

Hahaha I would never do that to you and spoil the ending, I hate it when people do that! Edward may or may not still be alive, Jacob eats Bigfoot and Bella files for divorce and leaves town with Brad Pitt. I think I was the only one in the theater who was not impressed with the movie. For crying out loud, the best friend even got blotches! I still think that number three is the best of all the movies. But I did think this was the best that Kristen acted, she isn't really great at that.

Now to get ready to eat even more food this week, go Black Friday shopping, decorate the house and spend some time with the husband. Shall be a fun filled weekend!

*Side note*
This time of year always seems to be an emotional time. It is even harder when you lose someone close to you around the holidays. We recently lost a wonderful woman. She had a heart the size of Texas, the mouth of a sailor and a smile that lit the room. She fought cancer and won, two times in her life. This last battle would be her last. You will be missed Cora.

0 comments:

Post a Comment