Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Throughout the month, I have been snapping pictures here and there of festive things. I had the intentions of blogging about all the fun and exciting things that we have been doing, but lost focus and motivation. I found myself finally having a down moment. Can you believe it? I am sitting here on the computer enjoying a hot cup of apple cider, snacking on a Hot Cocoa Pop Tart and blogging while watching Ellen! Life cannot get any better than this.

Speaking of Pop Tarts, I started the holiday season making it my goal to find any holiday related food items! I did that in the Fall and really had fun with it. I am still on the hunt for Peppermint and Cinnamon Pringles, Christmas Captain Crunch and Gingerbread Oreos. I am pretty sure that those are impossible to find and would have to be purchased overseas. I did find them on Amazon, but after adding all of those items to the cart and seeing my total reach eighty dollars, I decided I better not place the order. Seriously not joking about the price.

This is what I have found so far. My favorite were the peppermint M&M's!
I normally do not like to toot my own horn, but...TOOT TOOT! We did such an amazing job decorating our house this year. I think that we might have given Hallmark a run for their money.

The inside

Continued
And outside.
Those are the deer that we got for ten dollars, brand new in the Summer! And my cute little blow up Santa was a Black Friday deal for fifteen bucks. I love a good deal!  
We have been spending our weekends doing holiday crafts, wrapping presents, drinking spiked cocoa and getting Christmas cards ready. Don't worry, we addressed the envelopes before drinking. We also fit in a date night and went looking at Christmas lights.

Every year during the holidays, we like to do a good deed for someone in need. A close friend of ours has been having a rough time lately and was in need of a pick-me-up. She was out of town this last weekend, so we went to her house and cleaned and decorated! Everyone needs a touch of Christmas in their life.
I have a lot of baking to do this week and we have a super fun weekend planned! Dare I say that I am happy? I have had a few things happen in the last couple of days that drug me down, but I did my best to brush it off my shoulders. I want to be able to enjoy the holidays with the husband and not let myself be depressed or negative about the small things that I cannot fix. Life is short, (I think we only have a couple more days until the end..) I am realizing that I cannot change people or make them like me. I cannot control the way that others make me feel. What I do know is that I can make they best out of the life that I do have.
Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment